Monday, July 07, 2014

Stonekettle Station: Self Evident Truths

The underlying truth of Jim Wright's essay linked below, is that a democratic republic such as ours will only be as good as the people who are its constituent elements.  The reason I strongly suspect that it's all over for the USA in the very near future is that we have and always have had a disproportionate number of deranged morons in our population, and a lot of these people are the class-narcissists who have the largest percentage of money and wield all of the real power.  When this reality collides with the reality of resource depletion and ecological collapse, I can't imagine how we're going to deal with it all.  Please, American people, prove me wrong!  But both my gut and my rational mind continue to tell me that you probably won't.

Stonekettle Station: Self Evident Truths: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rig...

No comments: